Mame Rom Tools 0.4

November 6th, 2017 Leave a comment Go to comments

Little tool to manage mame rom clones and quickly copy a filtered selection of roms by categories, manufacturer etc. Made it when I couldn’t find an easy/simple way to delete the clones files. With this you can very easily move the unneeded roms out or delete them.

“How’s it better than RomCenter” and similar apps?”

• Simple portable exe file, it doesn’t need half a GB just to display roms list (RC)
  • Lightning fast, parse DB in like a second (RC takes like half an hour)

Update 0.4: Nov 06th, 2017

• Some fixes, new rom categories

Update 0.3: May 26th, 2017

• Removed “missing roms” filter (kinda pointless, can do the same in any MAME)
  • Added categories to roms list page (a bit rudimentary)
  • Added rom sizes to list page
  • Added an option in roms list menu to count selection size
  • Some bug fixes

If you have a better list of rom categories please let me know and I will update the app with them.

Update 0.2:

• Remember settings and auto-open/scan XML
  • Roms list tab: list missing roms and copy/move/delete selected roms
Mame Rom Tools (1110 downloads)

Note: only for non-merged and split sets, not for merged.

2016-03-10 - 09.59.38 ~ capture 2016-03-10 - 21.21.41 ~ capture

2016-03-25 - 01.14.16 ~ capture

1. admin
    November 6th, 2017 at 19:15 | #1

@Gilberto marulanda
    try now, the downloads plugin was corrupting the file

2. Gilberto marulanda
    November 6th, 2017 at 18:24 | #2

Good afternoon Mr. Administrator still continues the problem brobe it in all the widnows XP 98 2000 8 and 10 and does not allow to run it sees it as an invalid application. it is possible to upload it again, I would thank you very much I am needing that program to erase my repeated roms or clones. I am very attentive. regards

3. Gilberto marulanda
    November 6th, 2017 at 18:23 | #3

@admin

4. admin
    June 24th, 2017 at 09:01 | #4

@James Edward Lewis II
    Works fine for me, tried in Chrome/Firefox/Opera/Edge, maybe you have some download accelerator or antivirus intercepting the download.

5. June 24th, 2017 at 08:52 | #5

The download appears to once again not work; I get the same error that Weltall got. Maybe you could upload it zipped; Windows 2000 and later are able to natively unpack ZIP files.

6. admin
    March 30th, 2016 at 13:38 | #6

Fixed, it seems the downloads plugin was corrupting the file upon download.

7. Weltall
    March 30th, 2016 at 13:17 | #7

Well I tried it, but it threw me an error as soon as I started;

MameRomTools.exe is not a valid Win32 application.